Society of Saint Vincent de Paul – St John Chrysostom/St Elizabeth Seton Conference
The Mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is:
- To live the Gospel message.
- By serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy.
Our work is done with humility and respect - bearing witness to the love that God has for all people, making no distinctions of creed, ethnic or social background, health, gender, or political opinions.
The Work of our Society
The St. John Chrysostom/St. Elizabeth Seton Conference of SSVP in Newmarket focuses on helping families, seniors and individuals in our community, who have fallen on hard times.
We do this by:
- Providing food cards.
- Purchasing/distributing up to 70 Good Food Network boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables monthly.
- Providing food cards and gift cards to over 160 families every Christmas.
- Collecting and distributing over 1,000 gifts to people supported by various agencies and group homes.
- Sourcing donations of gently used household items on request.
- Providing information on other community resources (see below for some further suggestions).
You can learn more about the St. Vincent de Paul society by visiting the SSVP National Site. There is information about the marvelous work Vincentians do, the founder of the society and the church's vision of caring for the marginalized.
How Can You Help?
Here are some ways you can contribute to the work of our Society.
- Donations to the poor box and our Christmas Collection.
- Online credit card donations.
- Funeral donations in lieu of flowers.
- Special fundraisers.
If you wish to make an online donation to the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, please click on the button below.
Please call (905) 898-4264 and leave a message if you are in need of assistance, want information or are interested in becoming a Vincentian.
One of our volunteers will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within a couple of days.